Here you will find our full extensive range of Domestic Sewing machines suitable for everyone from the beginner who just wants to carry out basic alterations and repairs, to expert dressmakers or seamstresses. We have Husqvarna, PFAFF, Elna, Bernina, Janome and Brother sewing machines in stock because we are confident these brands give good reliable service, are of great quality and with these machines, we can continue to support you with regards to spare parts and repairs for many years. A good domestic sewing machine should give years of good service however its very important you choose the right machine to suit your sewing needs.
So how do you choose? Here are our top tips for buying a domestic sewing machine:
- Choose the right sewing machine for the job - don't settle for a 'cheaper' lightweight machine if you are wanting to sew big, heavy items as it simple won't happen and you will end up with lots of expensive problems!
- Decide on your budget and find the best machine you can for your price
- Think about the future - make the right decision the first time round. You don't want to end up having to buy another machine in a year or so's time.
- Read all the features in the specification of our machines before making your decision
- If you're looking to just sew basic, lightweight work/fabric, any of our machines will be suitable.
If you're looking to sew medium weight work, you will be looking to spend around £200 - £400
If you are going to be sewing heavyweight work (curtains etc) you'll be looking to spend £400 - £5000
- If you can't decide from just looking at the machines online, call us! We have a team of people who know everything there is to know about sewing machines. Call us now on 01254 693555
Explore your creative side and bring your crafts to life with the help of the Innov-is A50. This computerised sewing machine is incredibly versatile and easy to operate, offering sewers much more flexibility than our entry-level models.
+FREE Creative Quilt Kit (QKM2UK) - Worth £149.99 – Offer valid until 01/08/2019